18 August 2007

Beginnings

Coming at you live, from Providence RI. I am starting a blog and listening to an excellent album. The blog is called The Providence Also Moves which is a partial quote from something I was reading and didn't refer to P-town, but to God's will. The album is Cee-Lo Green and his Perfect Imperfections. It was his first of two solo albums, and I have never heard it played before today. I scooped it at Luke's Records in Pawtucket for the reasonable price of $7, for a two disc LP. Go to Luke's before it closes.
The blog is about a lot of things, and even about itself sometimes. It is new. No one reads it yet. No one at all. I'm gonna label this baby metablog, with props to yalabalagan, one of my soon to be blog friends. And music, right?
And seasons, friends today have been saying that winter is rolling its blankets out to watch fall coming, but I don't know. Today was windy and unfulfilling, but that don't mean summer's ending. I am squeezing it for every drop of low-hung cloud, and every spot of awfully lovely Providence light. So this is the beginning of the end of summer. The last two weeks. The hands will start waving and the silly conversations start. But as we all know, there will be a wider pool in which to dip our proverbial cups of love. Fill up and toast, everyone.

1 comment:

ill selettore said...

First reader. Beautiful. Music undoubtedly.